1. It is preferable to offer the witr salaah after the taraweeh salaah. However, it is permissible to offer it before the taraweeh salaah.
2. After four rakaats of taraweeh, it is mustahab to sit down to the extent that it took to offer the four rakaats. However, if sitting for so long will inconvenience the people and there is a fear that the congregation will decrease, then they should sit for a shorter period. In sitting down, one has the choice of offering nafl salaah on his own, reading some tasbeehs, or if he wishes, he could remain sitting silently.
3. A person completes offering his taraweeh salaah after having offered the esha salaah. After completing both these salaahs he realizes that something in his esha salaah occurred which made this salaah invalid. After repeating his esha salaah, he will also have to repeat the taraweeh salaah.
4. If the esha salaah was not offered with jama'at, the taraweeh salaah should also not be offered with jama'at. This is because the taraweeh salaah is subordinate to the esha salaah. However, if a group of people offer their esha with jama'at and thereafter offer their taraweeh with jama'at, then it will be permissible for a person who has not offered his esha with jama'at to join this group in their taraweeh salaah. This is so because he will be regarded as subordinate to these people whose jama'at is valid.
5. If a person enters the musjid at a time when the esha salaah is over, he should first offer his esha salaah and then join the taraweeh salaah. And if in the meanwhile he misses a few rakaats of taraweeh, he should complete them after offering the witr salaah. He should offer the witr salaah with the jama'at.
6. It is sunnah-e-mu'akkadah to recite the entire Quran in the order that it is arranged in the taraweeh salaah in the month of Ramadaan. This should not be left out due to the laziness and negligence of the people. However, if there is the fear that by reciting the entire Quran the people will stop coming for salaah, and there will be no jama'at left, or that this will be extremely unpleasant for them; then it will be better to recite as much as they can bear. If they wish they could recite the ten Surahs from Surah al-Feel till the end. In each rakaat one Surah should be recited. When ten rakaats are completed, the same ten Surahs should be recited in the next ten rakaats. Alternatively, one could recite any other Surah which one desires.
7. More than one Quran should not be recited until the desire of the people is not known.
8. It is permissible to recite the entire Quran in one night on condition that the people are extremely anxious to do this and it will not be difficult for them. If it will be difficult for them and they will be displeased with this, it will be makruh to recite the entire Quran in one night.
9. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem should be recited loudly for any one Surah in the taraweeh salaah. This is because Bismillah is also a verse of the Quran even though it is not a part of any Surah. If Bismillah is not recited, one verse will be short for the completion of the Quran. If it is recited silently, the Quran of the muqtadis will not be complete.
10. It is sunnah to offer taraweeh salaah in the entire month of Ramadaan even if the Quran is completed before the end of the month. For example, if the entire Quran is completed in 15 days, it will be sunnah-e-mu'akkadah to continue offering taraweeh for the rest of the month.
11. Reciting Surah Ikhlaas three times in the taraweeh salaah as is the custom today, is makruh.